Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Work In Progress

  With my collection of knitted projects I am so proud of, and the ever-mounting pile of "ideas," I decided to keep log and document my knitting ventures. 

  I learned to knit years ago in a cramped motor-home with my grandparents on our way to Oshkosh, WI for their fabulous air show.  My washcloth became an interesting trapezoid, resembling an overstretched cheesecloth.  From then, my projects were all variations of a simple garter-stiched square or rectangle - if it got finished at all.

  In 2005/06, a friend and I began a Knitting and Crocheting Society, that met in the basement of a local bookstore/coffee shop once a week.  We recruited closet knitters and taught newbies.  It was the most fun I ever had in high school.  Graduation came and passed, as did a relationship or two, and knitting took a backseat to college life.

  Finally in a steady place, I have fallen in love with the fiber world with more passion than I expected.  Life is finally exciting, real, and I plan to enjoy every minute of it.  Not only do I finish projects now (woohoo!!), but I can't seem to knit my ideas fast enough.  Organic cotton, alpaca, bamboo, oh my!  Each project inspires another; the colors and textures of yarn gets me more excited than any purse of pair of shoes could (and I love my shoes and bags).  Life is too short to pick crappy yarn.

  I hope to cataloged my projects, maybe sell some things, and post my ideas for projects with steps along the way!  Bear with my poor writing skills, please.  Here's to knitting and whatever happens between the stitches!

"The heart is a stone and this is a stone bed we throw
Put your hand on the stone
It's the stone of a home you know
They say we will go far, but they don't know how far we'll go
With our legs on the edge and our feet on the horizon"

No comments: