Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"It's spring fever...

...That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"  ~Mark Twain

   Spring has sprung here in mid-Michigan!  Daffodils are beginning to push through the matted leaves along the campus buildings and it is a sight for sore eyes.  Today we're getting weather in the 50's, which means good-bye winter coat!


   Sadly my bike is still in the garage and I'm not able to go out and play due to a bruised rib:  the beginning of my spring break consisted of being miserable on the couch with a head/chest cold combo, which led to some sore muscles or a bruised rib.  All I know is I hurt.  A lot.  I'm no wimp, trust me, but one itty-bitty sneeze and I'm reeling in pain.  Since I'm kind of stuck indoors, I thought it would be fun to revisit past springs.  It is one of my favorite seasons - such a period of change, much needed change, revival of the senses, love, and awareness.  All photos can be found on my flickr page (bigger and better).

2010:
Old Mission, on the way to Nick's house.

2009:

2008:
Central Park, spring break in New York City.

2007:

Northern Michigan springs look a little different... and did I mention my birthday is in the spring?
Homemade birthday-berry cobbler with cookie crumble.
2006:
Dominican Republic, spring break.

My favorite place in the entire world.

Well, that would be as far back as my camera goes for spring!  How are you celebrating?

No comments: