Wednesday, March 23, 2011

snowday!

   Mid-Michigan decided it wasn't ready for spring.  Yesterday, day five or so of bare ground and day three of spring, began with a chill.  I was prepared for the impending rain with my rain jacket and an old produce bag for my bike seat (which got stolen for the THIRD time this semester, seriously art students, what gives?).  As I was leaving class for home it was lightly snowing, no big deal, and by the time I got home it was a white out.  It takes me five minutes to get home.  We couldn't see beyond our road for hours and judging by my car at 4 am, it had been raining/snowing all night.  We now have more snow than we did before it all melted, in a matter of hours.  WHO'S READY FOR APRIL?!  I am.

   The reason I'm posting is for an update on my Magnolia Handspun.  It's here! (I'm sure you were all on the edge of your seats)  She shipped it on Saturday and I received it Monday;  this woman is even more talented than I thought!


   Neatly wrapped in tissue, tied with beautiful baker's twine, and topped with a beautiful handwritten thank-you: classy, this woman is very classy.  One thing I didn't notice in the Etsy photos, mine either for that matter, was the intertwined tinsel!  This yarn sparkles!  I think I would prefer a matte fiber, but I'm not complaining - this yarn is beautiful.

Here is the Fresh Rhubarb:

Green Tea:


Go and buy her yarn, it's amazing.  But what to do with it?  I love the two separately but if I knit them together I can make a larger piece, and they do look great together.  Suggestions, please!  Such horrible problem to deal with...

But anyway, snowday, postponed MNT exam, and new yarn; I am a happy camper.

1 comment:

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

Thank you so much for sharing! The tinsel definitely adds a special touch. I know Camilla has a few patterns for ideas on the magnolia handspun blog, but I picture a sweater, or something knit with big needles in a chunken mishappen way. I'm curious what you decided to knit with it? Thanks for stopping by today!

:)Lisa